[News] Acer Loves Chrome OS (Linux), to Put it on Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] Acer Loves Chrome OS (Linux), to Put it on Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:32:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Acer to launch Chrome OS netbook in 2H10

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer plans to launch a Google Chrome
| operating system-based netbook, which the
| company has been developing since mid-2009
| in the second half of 2010, according to
| industry sources.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20091202PD212.html

Acer to be 'first' with Chrome OS netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Not that Acer itself has said so - the
| claim comes from an unnamed industry
| insider cited by DigiTimes, though the site
| notes Acer chairman JT Wang has said his
| firm will be first to launch a Chrome-based
| netbook.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/02/acer_chrome_os_first/

Recent:

Acer to launch more phones with Android, fewer with Windows Mobile (in 2010)

,----[ Quote ]
| For 2010, Acer plans to introduce yet another
| 8 to 10 new smartphones, but this time the
| line-up will be more balanced between Android
| and Windows â se we could expect to see half
| of Acerâs 2010 handsets coming with Android.
`----

http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/11/27/acer-to-launch-more-phones-with-android-fewer-with-windows-mobile-in-2010/

Dell Releases Customized Version of Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/dell_releases_customized_version_of_chrome_os.php