[News] Twitter/Microblogging Should be Free(dom), Says Winer

  • Subject: [News] Twitter/Microblogging Should be Free(dom), Says Winer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:35:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

We need: An open source Twitter shell

,----[ Quote ]
| In my explorations of a hypothetical
| decentralized Twitter, at first I thought the
| clients would be where decentralization would
| happen. But, lately I've come to realize that
| it probably won't happen there because as the
| market has evolved they've become too
| dependent on Twitter Corp, and are unlikely to
| do anything that might threaten a friendly
| relationship with the company.
`----

http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/12/01/weNeedAnOpenSourceTwitterS.html

Open Source Tweeting

,----[ Quote ]
| Can we liberate tweeting from Twitter? It's an
| open question.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/open-source-tweeting

Recent:

StatusNet (Of Identi.ca Fame) Raises $875,000 To Become The WordPress Of Microblogging

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/27/statusnet-of-identi-ca-fame-raises-875000-to-become-the-wordpress-of-microblogging/