[News] Choosing GNU/Linux Over Windows (or Both)

  • Subject: [News] Choosing GNU/Linux Over Windows (or Both)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:39:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Vs Windows Which One to Pick?

,----[ Quote ]
| The significant difference in Linux version
| does not speak about the software quality or
| the drivers` availability, but the support
| offered. Depending upon the Linux distribution
| package, the user may get a quick and 24/7
| paid support, and this should well suit any
| corporate environment. Purchasing the
| operating system and hardware together ensures
| the support for installed hardware, else it
| may be required researching to ensure the
| motherboard, network adapter, chipset and
| others are supported by the Linux version. The
| other non Linux options include OpenSolaris
| and many variants of Berkley Software
| distribution.
`----

http://www.iinformyou.com/Art/136829/263/Linux-Vs-Windows-Which-One-to-Pick.html

A Little Virtual Machine Recreation

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs time for a little VM recreation and you
| donât even have to get sweaty in the process.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7631/1.html

Recent:

Windows VS Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Its a close call between mint, suse and mandriva.
| In this test Mandriva is winner.
|
|   1. Mandriva
|   2. Mint
|   3. Suse
|   4. XP
|   5. vista
`----

http://distrolove.blogspot.com/2009/10/windows-vs-linux.html

 closer look at Kubuntu Karmic Koala and KDE 4.3.1

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2009/10/closer-look-at-kubuntu-karmic-koala-and.html