[News] Performous Comes to GNU/Linux, Other Applications Target the Platform

  • Subject: [News] Performous Comes to GNU/Linux, Other Applications Target the Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:45:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Performous brings Karaoke to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Performous is a karaoke game for Linux that
| brings the popular past time to the
| operating system in a unique and
| entertaining way. Performous has recently
| seen an update with the release of version
| 0.4.0
`----

http://linuxcritic.com/stories/48-Performous-brings-Karaoke-to-Linux.html

REALbasic 2009 Release 5 updates SQLite, Linux support

http://www.macnn.com/articles/09/12/01/adds.user.requested.changes/

Linux Desktop Search Engines Compared

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/254610-desktop-search-engines-compared

Vector Networks PC-Duo remote control v11.5 shows Prowess with Support for Windows 7, Macs, and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Vector Networks, a leader in desktop asset
| and service management solutions, today
| announced PC-Duo v11.5 with support for
| Windows 7, Macs, and Linux as well as
| significant enhancements to functionality
| and connectivity.
`----

http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=52221

When not to script it

,----[ Quote ]
| After thinking about it for a while it all
| makes sense now. It seems that I had the
| shell script bug, everything must be done
| in the shell! In reality while the shell is
| great and all, it is not without its flaws.
| There are somethings the shell is great at
| and should be used for, then there others
| it shouldnât.
`----

http://www.thelinuxblog.com/when-not-to-script-it/

Recent:

Where is the Linux desktop going?

,----[ Quote ]
| While I like the Linux desktop a lot, I don't
| pretend that it's that popular. That's why I
| found it fascinating that, despite everything
| Microsoft has been able to throw at it,
| desktop Linux still managed to claim 32% of
| the netbook market.
|
| And Microsoft has thrown everything but the
| kitchen sink at desktop Linux. For example,
| the Redmond giant has strong-armed vendors
| into not selling Linux-powered netbooks; lied
| about Linux sales; and all but gave XP Home
| away to keep vendors from including Linux
| instea. Despite all that, it seems, according
| to ABI Research, that desktop Linux has
| actually grown in the last year.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15068/where_is_the_linux_desktop_going

ABI's Jeffrey Orr on rising Linux netbook sales

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/ABI-netbook-study-with-Jeffrey-Orr-interview/?kc=rss