[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux CE 6.0 in Beta, Ubuntu Server Wants Input

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux CE 6.0 in Beta, Ubuntu Server Wants Input
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:39:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu CE 6.0 Beta Brings Dansguardian Fix

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Ubuntu CE beta surprised me a bit with
| many of the things they have going on here.
| This distro is yet another example of how
| Linux continues to mold itself to fit the
| needs of all kinds of people.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/ubuntu-ce-dansguardian-fi/

Ubuntu Server Team Wants Your Product Development Input

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have a few minutes to spare, drop in
| and take the 2009 Ubuntu Server Edition user
| survey and help Canonical figure out what
| direction the product should take during
| future development.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/ubuntu-server-team-wants-your-product-development-input

Recent:

Getting to know Ubuntu Lite

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve long been a sucker for small-footprint Linux distributions. So
| naturally, I thought it would be interesting to explore the latest version
| of âUbuntulite.â
|
| The community-run Ubuntulite project aims to extend the useful life of aging,
| under-resourced hardware, as might be found in schools or nonprofit
| organizations. Accordingly, instead of using a high end, video-hungry desktop
| environment, such as GNOME or KDE, this parsimonious OS incorporates the
| Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE), a platform being honed for use on
| nettops (aka mini notebook PCs) and MIDs (mobile Internet devices).
`----

http://www.deviceguru.com/2008/08/26/getting-to-know-ubuntu-lite/

Ubuntu CE 4.0 has just been released:

http://www.ubuntuce.com/

Related:

Ubuntu Christian Edition v3.2:

http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/2006/07/download.html

Ubuntu Christian Edition 3.0 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The most visible addition is the Daily Bible Verse displayed on the
| desktop. This is accomplished using gDesklets and the Bible RSS desklet
| built specifically for Ubuntu CE. The theme and graphics have all been
| updated. This includes the addition of translucent backgrounds for the
| Gnome panels. This gives the desktop a much more polished look. We have
| also enhanced the theme integration to ensure a consistent Ubuntu CE
| look and feel.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9828.phtml

Ubuntu CE v2.1 (Edgy) Released!! (February 7, 2007)

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release of Ubuntu CE v2.1 (Edgy)!
`----

http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/news/2007/02/ubuntu-ce-v21-edgy-released-february-7.html

Using Unbuntu Christian Edition - a Review

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://quickworx.info/index.php/2006/11/15/using-unbuntu-christian-edition-a-review/

`----