[News] New OpenOffice.org GUI is Coming

New UI for OpenOffice.org? When?

,----[ Quote ]
| Before you read the more important stuff
| below this, let's just take a quick look at
| three basic questions.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_ui_for_openoffice_org

New: OOo-DEV 3.x Developer Snapshot (build DEV300_m66) available

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_ooo_dev_3_x20

Saving Money with Open-Source and Other Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, I shared a list of ways you can
| cut back on your business expenses. One
| item that made my list was using open-
| source software instead of mainstream
| commercial applications in the day-to-day
| management of your business.
|
| Here are some popular open-source and other
| free applications you may want to consider
| using in your business.
`----

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/12/04/open-source-software-for-business/

Rick Maybury sorts out HD on Freeview

,----[ Quote ]
| Method two is to install a copy of the
| Linux operating system on your laptop so
| you have a choice of operating systems at
| boot up. Most versions of Linux come with
| OpenOffice. Org, a suite of programs
| similar to Microsoft Office. This includes
| an AV presentation program thatâs
| compatible with PowerPoint, and like Linux
| it is virtually immune to viruses and
| malware infections. There is a simple to
| follow tutorial on dual-booting Linux and
| Windows in Boot Camp 446.
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/6709961/Rick-Maybury-sorts-out-HD-on-Freeview.html

Recent:

New Chart features in OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| The behavior of the Insert menu within charts now
| is selection dependent. In case a single data
| series is selected or an element belonging to a
| single data series the additional elements ( like
| error bars, data labels, trend lines or mean
| value lines) are only inserted for this single
| series. Otherwise the additional elements are
| added to all existing series.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_chart_features_in_openoffice2

What's up in OOo 3.2?

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2 weeks it is planned to branch off the code line for OOo 3.2. A Beta
| will be released based on that version if the members of the release
| status meeting approve it.
|
| Currently the developer milestone DEV300m57 will be uploaded and will be
| available soon. To help checking the new features or finding the new UI
| for translation I created a Wiki page with all integrated feature and
| enhancements (based on the feature announcements).
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/what_s_up_in_ooo2

Project Renaissance - Support from the University of Osnabrueck

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/project_renaissance_support_from_the