[News] EULA Makes GNU/Linux Better Than Windows

  • Subject: [News] EULA Makes GNU/Linux Better Than Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:03:42 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Windows 7 License can make you love free software

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, my reaction was revulsion. I
| never have thought much of a EULA that you
| cannot agree to until you open the
| software, but this EULA sinks to depths I
| never anticipated -- and, in doing so,
| suggests a desperate attempt to stay in
| control in the face of overwhelming odds.
| If these are the measures that Microsoft
| has to take to protect its business model,
| then the triumph of free software can't be
| far away.
|
| Meanwhile, when I finished my
| investigations, I deleted Windows 7 and
| returned to the sanity of free software
| with a profound sigh of relief.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/The-Windows-7-License-can-make-you-love-free-software

Federico Mena-Quintero: Mon 2009/Nov/30

,----[ Quote ]
| I got a netbook, a cute little HP Mini, so
| that I can hack Moblin on it. The netbook
| comes with Windows 7. My first impression:
|
| [...]
|
| Maybe we should change free software's
| slogan to "we are not a constant pain in
| the ass, and we don't consider you a
| criminal".
`----

http://www.gnome.org/~federico/news-2009-11.html#30

Linux Operating System â Things Iâve Learned About This System Over the Years

,----[ Quote ]
| I would have to say that my experience
| with Linux over the years has been a
| blast. I feel like I am in control. I have
| never had to take my computer in to have
| it serviced. Which I might add was why I
| switched from Windows. I was in service a
| lot and paying big bucks to have someone
| fix it because I couldnât afford to call
| support and get them to try on the phone
| to fix it. I was very frustrated to say
| the least.
|
| Now you can try the Linux operating system
| for yourself and have some fun and
| freedom.
`----

http://linux.bihlman.com/2009/12/04/linux-operating-system-things-ive-learned-about-this-system-over-the-years/