[News] GNU/Linux Used for Real Work, Vista 7 Just for Few Programs

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Used for Real Work, Vista 7 Just for Few Programs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:05:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Successfully completing a school semester with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| After a long, gruelling term, I can
| confidently say that I benefitted
| academically from using Linux Mint. Along
| with everything Iâve mentioned, Linux has
| provided less direct benefits, such as faster
| load times and fewer restarts, which make
| getting started on an assignment or project
| easier. Despite having a few bugs ranging
| from annoying (I really wish Do would load on
| startup consistently) to catastrophic (oh my
| god why did my desktop shift what is going
| on), I will probably have some distribution
| of Linux running on my machine when I switch
| to Windows 7, if only to run R and some other
| math programs. If you like to do any sort of
| math on your computer, I recommend you give
| it a go too.
`----

http://thelinuxexperiment.com/free-software/successfully-completing-a-school-semester-with-linux/

Related:

One reason why Linux fits in the real world better

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blackravenplace.net76.net/blog6.php/2008/10/18/one-reason-why-linux-fits-in-the-real-wo