[News] New Wine Released; More GNU/Linux Applications News

  • Subject: [News] New Wine Released; More GNU/Linux Applications News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:18:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wine 1.1.34 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wine development release 1.1.34 is now
| available.
|
| What's new in this release:
|
|     * Many fixes for crypto certificates
|     support.
|     * A lot of MSHTML improvements.
|     * Various fixes to support the Left 4
|     Dead 2 DRM.
|     * A number of OLE marshalling fixes.
|     * More Listview improvements.
|     * Various bug fixes.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/wine-release/wine-1134-released.html

Comix: A Digital Comic Book Reader for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Comix can read images as plain image files
| and can even handle archived files like
| ZIP, RAR, gzip and bzip2. Its user-
| friendly interface has a handy sidebar
| thumbnail viewer and library viewer. It
| has left-to-right and right-to-left
| reading modes, and caches upcoming pages
| for faster flipping.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/12/comix-digital-comic-book-reader-for.html

Performous Is Like Rock Band for Your Linux PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux only (for now): If you love karaoke
| or really get into music-based games like
| Rock Band and Guitar Hero, then you'll
| love Performous. It's an open-source band
| game that's perfect for your next party or
| get-together.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5419099/performous-is-like-rock-band-for-your-linux-pc

Network Manager Docklet Coming To AWN

,----[ Quote ]
| Avant Window Navigator, a popular dock for
| Linux, is going to be getting a shiny new
| network manager docklet.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/12/network-manager-docklet-coming-to-awn.html

Alice, where have you been all my life?

,----[ Quote ]
| I just ran into alice, which is an irc
| client you run on a box, and then you
| connect to it via youâre browser. So I
| installed it (forgot the last time I used
| CPAN), then went to localhost:8080/view.
| It has a little settings box so you can
| set your prefs and channels.
`----

http://castrojo.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/alice-where-have-you-been-all-my-life/

Recent:

How good is WINE at running Windows software on Linux? Good
enough to get infected

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/27/how-good-is-wine-at-running-windows-software-on-linux-good-enou/