[News] GNOME Conferences and Previews of GNOME 3.0

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Conferences and Previews of GNOME 3.0
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:22:45 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GNOME @ foss.in

,----[ Quote ]
| foss.in is a very nice and premier event
| held annually in India and some of the
| GNOME contributors at India  planned to
| organize a GNOME day at foss.in. Dec 5
| 2009, Saturday is the GNOME Project day
| and we have planned a bunch of sessions,
| workouts & talks. I just received few t-
| shirts for the project day for the GNOME
| volunteers and speakers. Some stickers is
| on the way I guess. Foss.in attendies,
| Meet us at the GNOME project day.
`----

http://blogs.gnome.org/sragavan/2009/12/03/gnome-foss-in/

GUADEC 2010, and hackfests

,----[ Quote ]
| With GNOME 3.0 scheduled for next
| September, this GUADEC will be one of our
| best opportunities to work on the final
| details for this big version bump. Of
| course, by then, a good bunch of the work
| will already have been implemented, but
| there's always been great stuff coming out
| of our GUADECs, with positive impact on
| our September releases.
`----

http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2009/11/30/GUADEC-2010%2C-and-hackfests

Create a Custom Transitioning Background for Your Gnome 2.28 Desktop

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/create-custom-transitioning-background-your-gnome-228-desktop

Sabayon and Gnome Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs too early to give gnome shell a fair
| review so I will leave it at something
| that is going to be interesting as it
| matures.  I still need to learn more about
| it and hopefully I can pass information
| along as I go.  I guess if anyone out
| there gives it a whirl, I wouldnât mind
| hearing your thoughts on it.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=275

How to : GNOME Shell ( Preview of GNOME 3.0 ) in Fedora 12

http://icewalkerz.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-gnome-shell-preview-of-gnome-30.html

Recent:

GNOME Community Announces Dates GUADEC 2010

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gnome-community-announces-dates-guadec-2010