[News] New PHP IDE, Substitute for Mono Proponents

  • Subject: [News] New PHP IDE, Substitute for Mono Proponents
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:16:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Zend Issues Significant Update to Zend Studio 7 Enterprise PHP IDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Zend Studio is the only integrated
| development environment (IDE) for PHP that
| provides a complete, professional-grade
| workbench built on the Zend-led open source
| Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT) project,
| currently the most downloaded Eclipse
| project. Zend Studio customers benefit from
| the huge ecosystem of plug-in solutions
| available in the Eclipse community. The
| combined set of capabilities provides a
| solution that maximizes productivity for
| developers while providing the integration to
| Zend Framework and Zend Server that
| enterprises require.

Vala - Compiler for the GObject type system

,----[ Quote ]
| Vala is a new programming language that aims
| to bring modern programming language features
| to GNOME developers without imposing any
| additional runtime requirements and without
| using a different ABI compared to
| applications and libraries written in C.
`----

http://live.gnome.org/Vala

Recent:

PHP enters top 3 of most popular programming languages

,----[ Quote ]
| The company TIOBE, founded in 2000, is involved heavily
| with Software Quality. They call themselves 'the coding
| standards company' and deliver tools to assess the quality
| of software by checking coding standards, among other
| things. Unfortunately, despite the fact that their website
| is written in PHP, they do not support PHP yet with their
| tools (at least as far as I can tell from their website),
| but they have one activity that is of interest to us in
| the PHP ecosystem: they collect statistics on the
| popularity of programming languages and have been doing
| this for a few years now.
`----

http://ibuildings.com/blog/archives/1571-PHP-enters-top-3-of-most-popular-programming-languages.html

How PHP became such a huge success

,----[ Quote ]
| Rasmus Lerdorf is undoubtedly the most famous Greenlandic geek alive. Having
| created PHP as a bunch of hackish scripts to support his website in 1995, he
| turned it into a powerful, fully fledged language that's now used by millions
| around the world.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/how-php-became-such-a-huge-success-633591?src=rss&attr=newsintern

Deploying PHP Across Windows and Linux