[News] Linux Graphics Survey Results Analysed Further

  • Subject: [News] Linux Graphics Survey Results Analysed Further
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:36:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Phoronix publishes Linux Graphics Survey results

,----[ Quote ]
| Just over two thirds of respondents said
| that they were using some sort of
| compositing window manager for 3D effects
| on their desktops. Approximately 37 per
| cent of users chose Compiz and 22 per cent
| preferred KDE's KWin window manager.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Phoronix-publishes-Linux-Graphics-Survey-results-878630.html

2009 Linux Graphics Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Next up we found out which video adapter /
| graphics card brand(s) were being used by
| our survey participants. NVIDIA was the
| most common brand at just over 7,325 votes
| followed by ATI at 6,010, and then Intel at
| 4,543. VIA was just at 243 while SiS / XGI
| was halved at 105 and Matrox managed to
| come in at 109. Of those that participated
| in the survey, 68 were using some other
| brand. These results show NVIDIA commanding
| about 40% of the Linux systems followed by
| ATI/AMD at 33% and Intel at 25%. Compared
| to last year's numbers, NVDIA lost a point
| or two of its market-share while ATI/AMD
| remained roughly the same and Intel had
| gained about 4%.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=phx_2009_survey_results&num=1

What Kind Of People Use X.Org's VESA Driver?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc3Nw

Recent:

Open ATI Driver More Popular Than Catalyst

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday we will be publishing our results
| from the 2009 Linux Graphics Survey, but when
| looking over the results there is one set of
| numbers in particular that jumped out (though
| there are a few other interesting figures
| too). Below is a prelude to the Phoronix
| survey results that will be published on
| Monday. The below graph shows how the ~14,000
| respondents during our month-long survey
| responded to what Linux graphics survey
| driver they were using.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc3NQ

Related:

2007 Linux Graphics Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
| For the past month we had been running the 2007 Linux Graphics Survey at
| Phoronix where we polled users to find out what display hardware they use,
| what their driver choice(s) are, and their other preferences as it pertains
| to Linux desktop users on the visual front. We received over 20,000
| submissions from this survey and have the results to share with you on this
| Thanksgiving here in the United States.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=924&num=1

2008 Linux Graphics Survey Results