[News] Sub-notebooks Targeted by Android and Chrome OS Runs Well Too

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks Targeted by Android and Chrome OS Runs Well Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:11:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android-x86 - run Google Android on a netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Google Android is an operating
| system designed to run on smartphones, it's
| also possible to run it on netbooks.
| Earlier this year somebody already managed
| to install it onto an Eee PC 701. This
| wasn't easy though, but now the Android-x86
| project provides an easy way to install it
| onto your netbook.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/339-android-x86-run-google-android-on-a-netbook

Ubuntu Remix vs Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| I like to use Ubuntu Remix more than Chrome
| OS in a netbook environment. No Doubts,
| Chrome OS is much faster than Ubuntu Remix,
| even Ubuntu Remix is already optimised for
| Intel Atom. I like it, because that is a OS
| with full features. In some situations, for
| example, I am on a travel in the rural area,
| or in a hotel room with a daily internet over
| $20 per day, I do not prefer to have a
| netbook always online.
`----

http://www.itblogs.info/index.php/2009/12/06/ubuntu-remix-vs-chrome-os?blog=6

Recent:

MIPS32 core optimized for Linux, Android

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/MIPS-Technologies-M14K-and-M14Kc-cores/?kc=rss