[News] FreeBSD 8.0 Received Good Review

First look at FreeBSD 8.0

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past, I've referred to FreeBSD as both
| stable and powerful and this release confirms
| that reputation. After spending a week
| installing, configuring and using the latest
| version of FreeBSD, I'd like to add that it's
| a very mature and polished operating system
| too. On the surface, the system looks complex
| and arcane, but great lengths have been taken
| to make each step of each task smooth for the
| administrator.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20091207#feature

Recent:

Death of a FreeBSD contributor: John Birrell

,----[ Quote ]
| John Birrell was a Unix developer since 1988 and
| a FreeBSD user since version 1.0.5.  He had a
| Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical,
| First Class Honours, 1981) from Monash
| University in Australia.
|
| Over the years he developed with various
| commercial Unix variants such as SysVR2/3,
| Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, OSF/1 and SCO and several
| embedded operatings systems like VxWorks, LynxOS
| and Microwareâs OS9.
|
| In the open source world he was once a user of
| NetBSD and OpenBSD in addition to FreeBSD.
| Afterwards, he preferred just to use FreeBSD.
`----

http://www.freebsdnews.net/2009/12/01/death-freebsd-contributor-john-birrell/

FreeBSD 8.0 Review: Enterprise Ready Server Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebsd-8-0-review-enterprise-ready-server-operating-system.html