[News] Linux-powered CrunchPad Displayed to the Public

  • Subject: [News] Linux-powered CrunchPad Displayed to the Public
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 02:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CrunchPad partner plans media event

,----[ Quote ]
| Rathakrishnan, who had earlier promised via
| an email to the San Francisco Business Times
| that a statement would be forthcoming, "just
| wants to be able to share his side of the
| story and heâs going to be showing the device
| very briefly as well," Alpers said.
`----

http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/11/30/daily69.html

Recent:

How Mike Arrington can save the CrunchPad

,----[ Quote ]
| Let that software fly as GPL. TechCrunch
| and FusionGarage can spend their time in
| court and in the meantime the open source
| and shanzhai community can try to polish it
| up a bit.
`----

http://shanzai.com/index.php/market-mayhem/8-op-ed/485--how-mike-arrington-can-save-the-crunchpad

The CrunchPad â the greatest tablet there never was?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/dec/02/crunchpad-computer-tablet-scrapped

Social OpenSim grids gain over 1,000 regions

,----[ Quote ]
| The largest social OpenSim-based grids have
| gained over 1,000 regions since our last
| count in early September, bringing the
| total regions on these grids to over 6,500.
|
| These are grids that allow anyone to
| register for free. In addition, social
| interaction is a significant aspect of the
| gridâs activity.  In addition, many of the
| social grids are now accessible from other
| grids, via hypergrid teleport.
`----

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2009/11/social-opensim-grids-gain-over-1000-regions/

Time to open source the CrunchPad

,----[ Quote ]
| What many people seem to have missed in
| their coverage of the CrunchPadâs death is
| the fact that Michael Arrington has
| repeatedly said that he would âopen source
| the specsâ. Now Phillip Torrone from MAKE
| magazine is asking Arrington to do just
| that.
`----

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/time-to-open-source-the-crunchpad-2009121/

Picking through the CrunchPad rubble

,----[ Quote ]
| Phillip Torrone at Make, noting that
| Arrington has repeatedly described the
| project as open source, is challenging him
| to release what designs and code he has for
| the tinkering community at large to play
| with.
`----

http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/2009/12/picking-through-the-crunchpad-rubble.html

TechCrunch Tablet PC Shelved; Owners Dispute Rights

http://www.infopackets.com/news/technology/mobile/2009/20091202_techcrunch_tablet_pc_shelved_owners_dispute_rights.htm

CrunchPad tablet is alive, well, and under $400 (with sponsorship)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/11/crunchpad-tablet-is-alive-well-and-under-400-with-sponsorship.html