[News] Programming Tip from Linus/Linux: Release Often

  • Subject: [News] Programming Tip from Linus/Linux: Release Often
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 02:42:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Forget Perfection, Release Your App to the World

,----[ Quote ]
| Most developers are probably familiar with
| Linux founder Linus Torvaldsâ motto:
| ârelease early, release often.â The reason
| is quite simple: Shipping something useful
| is better than withholding that usefulness
| until itâs reached perfection.
`----

http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Forget_Perfection__Release_Your_App_to_the_World

Localization pros offer a Translation Toolkit

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the Translate Toolkitâs
| infrastructure is provided by SourceForge.net
| â version control, mailing lists, file
| releases, and web site â but the project also
| uses locamotion.org for hosting the official
| Pootle server as a showcase, testing
| experimental features of Pootle, and for
| managing its own UI translations. It also
| uses Bugzilla for bug reporting, with
| infrastructure hosted by the Junta de
| Extremadura in Spain.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/community/localization-pros-offer-a-translation-toolkit/

Recent:

Linux 2.6.32

,----[ Quote ]
| This release _feels_ long overdue due to
| two empty weeks for me (kernel summit and
| thanksgiving week vacation), but it's
| actually less than three months since
| 2.6.31, so I guess it's actually not that
| far off the normal schedule.
|
| I've been merging a few things that were
| pending while I was offline, but it really
| seems to have been pretty quiet. The
| biggest thing since -rc8 is the horribly
| timed stability fixes for fscache, which
| caused some hickups and I really wish it
| hadn't happened that way, but apart from
| that it's mainly small updates (and mainly
| drivers).
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/3/11

Linux kernel 2.6.32 released