[News] Advice for Free Software Projects, Ardour Adds Comprehensive Documentation

  • Subject: [News] Advice for Free Software Projects, Ardour Adds Comprehensive Documentation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:13:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What Will Make Your Project Successful?

,----[ Quote ]
| For open source software, the most
| important thing is having good code.
| Every project needs more users and more
| developers, but without the proper
| technical foundation to absorb them, an
| open source project could easily hit a
| wall.  (I actually wrote about this almost
| exactly two years ago under âThe Limits of
| Open Source.â)   A successful open source
| projects must be extensible, stable, and
| technically interesting â otherwise, who
| would want to work with your code base?
`----

http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/2009/12/07/what-will-make-your-project-successful/

Ardour Manual Done!

,----[ Quote ]
| The wonderful wonderful manual about Ardour
| is done! It was produced in a Book Sprint /
| Workshop held at moddr_ in Rotterdam and lead
| by Derek Holzer. Its a super good manual and
| designed to help the newbies get to grips
| with Ardour.
`----

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Blog/ArdourManualDone!?t=2009-12-09T00:41:15Z&skin=flossrss

Recent:

Fall In Love With Ardour's Digital Audio Workstation

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/fall-in-love-with-ardours-digital-audio-workstation