[News] [Rival] Former Microsoft Employees Becomes Another Source Code Tracker

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Former Microsoft Employees Becomes Another Source Code Tracker
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:10:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenLogic Announces Source Code Scanning and License Compliance Module
for Enterprises Using or Distributing Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenLogic, Inc., a provider of enterprise
| open source software solutions
| encompassing hundreds of open source
| packages, today announced a new Source
| Code Scanning and License Compliance
| module for OLEX Enterprise Edition. The
| new module allows companies to identify
| any open source code used in their
| applications and ensure they are in
| compliance with the associated open source
| licenses. It includes OSS Deep Discovery â
| a tool that scans a company's source code
| to identify open source code, components
| and licenses. OSS Deep Discovery will be
| free to customers that purchase the
| License Compliance module.
`----

http://www.openlogic.com/news/press/12.09.09.php

Steve Grandchamp is from Microsoft...

Microsoft Joins Open Source Usage Spying Program

http://technocrat.net/d/2008/6/17/43756/

Black Duck is also created by a Microsoft man.

Related:

Palamida: Rival snitched open-source database

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9803799-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20