[News] Review of Sugar 2 for GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] Review of Sugar 2 for GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:00:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sugar software environment gets sweeter with version 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Sugar Labs has announced the availability of
| Sugar on a Stick version 2, a major update
| of its Linux-based operating system for
| education that was originally developed for
| the One Laptop Per Child project. The new
| version introduces an ebook reader and a
| number of other important features.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/12/sugar-software-environment-gets-sweeter-with-version-2.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

TechCruncher sues former pad partner

,----[ Quote ]
| The lawsuit comes on the heels of news late
| last month that the alleged CrunchPad had
| allegedly died an alleged death at the hands
| of Fusion Garage - only to be revived by the
| Garage band as the JooJoo.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/12/arrington_sues_fusion_garage/

Recent:

New Sugar on a Stick Brings Much Needed Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| My first impression was how incredibly easy it
| is to obtain and install on your memory stick.
| Fedora has released a flash installation tool
| that handles downloading and imaging the flash
| drive on Windows systems. (There are
| installation instructions for other operating
| systems as well.) Not only is this tool
| available for use to install Sugar on a Stick,
| but you can also test drive other Fedora Linux
| distributions. The tool also allows you to
| partition off some space to save your documents
| to when in the Linux environment. Keep in mind
| that when you run this utility you will wipe
| anything on the memory stick.
`----

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/12/new-sugar-on-a-stick-brings-much-needed-improvements/

Sugar on a Stick adds ebook support

,----[ Quote ]
| Sugar Labs has revised the LiveUSB version of
| its education-focused "Sugar" Linux
| distribution. "Sugar on a Stick v2 Blueberry"
| offers simpler navigation, improved wireless
| networking, streamlined activities updating,
| better Gnash support for Adobe Flash, and
| activities designed for reading electronic
| books (ebooks), says the non-profit
| organization.

Sugar on a Stick v2 - a.k.a. Blueberry - released

,----[ Quote ]
| Sugar Labs, the organisation behind the One
| Laptop Per Child's XO laptop software, has
| released Sugar on a Stick version 2.0 -
| a.k.a. Blueberry. Sugar on a Stick is a
| version of the free open source Sugar
| Learning Platform that can be installed on a
| bootable USB flash drive to run on a
| conventional desktop, notebook or netbook
| computer. Blueberry, the latest release of
| the child-friendly operating system, is based
| on Fedora 12 and includes a number of new
| features.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Sugar-on-a-Stick-v2-a-k-a-Blueberry-released-879332.html

Sugar Labs Nonprofit Announces v2 of Sugar on a Stick with Improved E-Book Readers, Recycles Any USB Stick Into Learning Environment for Children; Partners with Nexcopy, Inc.

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/sugar-labs-nonprofit-announces-v2-sugar-stick-improved-ebook-readers-recycles-usb-stick-learning-environment-children-partners-nexcopy-29194

Fedora devs keeping OLPC sweet with Sugar

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/12/fedora-devs-keeping-olpc-sweet.html