[News] How to Promote Free Software in Non-Technical Ways

  • Subject: [News] How to Promote Free Software in Non-Technical Ways
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:02:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What should we do with Free Software users who don't contribute to it in any way?

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, even if I only use Free Software
| and always write about it and recommend it as
| much as I can I don't worry that much if few
| people already use it and above all I do not
| care at all if almost no Free Software user
| contributes to it in any way. I care much more,
| for example, that everybody demands as soon as
| possible that only open formats, even before
| Free Software, are used by Public
| Administrations and that public data of public
| interest are made available online with open
| licenses. I'll regularly cover these topics
| here and recommend the same priorities to all
| FOSS advocates, without stopping promoting Free
| Software, of course!
`----

http://stop.zona-m.net/node/58

Oracle accuses European Commission of partiality in assessment of Sun takeover

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Oracle-accuses-European-Commission-of-partiality-in-assessment-of-Sun-takeover-883572.html

Recent:

Nectec sponsors open-source software creation

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/08/19/business/business_30110160.php