[News] Poor Economy Proving Helpful to Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Poor Economy Proving Helpful to Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:58:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bad economy may lead to good IPOs in open source

,----[ Quote ]
| So settle in for the mid-term march to
| profitable $100 million open-source companies.
| At current growth rates, we should start to
| see IPO action as early as 2012, and perhaps
| sooner.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10413254-16.html

IT: Move to innovation park benefited South Tyrol's open source centre

,----[ Quote ]
| Making the Italian South Tyrol Free Software
| Centre (FSC) part of the Digital Technologies
| Area in the innovation centre in the Italian
| city of Bolzano, has given it the strength to
| support public authorities as well as
| companies in the region, says Patrick
| Ohnewein, head of the centre.
|
| The FSC was made part of the Digital
| Technologies Area of the innovation park
| (TIS), a project from the trilingual province
| of Bolzano-Bozen, earlier this year. "It has
| given us a lot more resources. We are now much
| closer to the four strategic teams at the
| Digital Technologies Area, and that has raised
| our profile with all the organisations that
| contact the innovation centre."
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/it-move-to-innovation-park-benefited-south-tyrols-open-source-centre

Recent:

Poised to Pounce on IPO: Q&A With SugarCRM CEO John Roberts

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/Poised-to-Pounce-on-IPO-QA-With-SugarCRM-CEO-John-Roberts-66844.html