[News] Free Software Leads to Computer Affinity

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Leads to Computer Affinity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:54:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Free Software or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody wants to be feel helpless, to have
| increased stress, or have their freedom taken
| away. I care about free software because I
| value not just my own time and independence
| but that of my friends, family and customers.
| If you feel the same, try a 100% free software
| operating system, try a replacement for your
| billing software, or communicate with your
| proprietary software vendor about why they
| don't publish their software under a free
| software license. You have a choice.
`----

http://trygnulinux.com/action/?q=node/65

Free Software Fanatics

,----[ Quote ]
| My use of the term "free software fanatic"
| really rubbed one of my readers the wrong way,
| and he responded with this, er, rather blunt
| reply...
|
| [...]
|
| Oops! I certainly never intended to insult
| anybody with my choice of words, so I
| apologized in the comments section. But, in a
| way, I'm very glad that this issue came up as
| I think it's one worth exploring.

12 Most Devastating PC Viruses and Worms of All Time

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/07/12-most-devastating-pc-viruses-and.html