[News] Government Fails at Openness, Again

FDIC sends a big F-U: completely blacked out documents in response to
WaMu takeover freedom of information requests

,----[ Quote ]
| Tim Ellis sez, "Completely inexcusable
| 'transparency' from the FDIC, releasing
| hundreds of totally blacked-out docs in
| response to a Freedom of Information Act
| request about the closure of Washington
| Mutual. 'An unprecedented level of
| openness in Government' indeed."
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/12/fdic-sends-a-big-f-u.html

#diwd New York State Senate: New Regime, New Web Mandate

,----[ Quote ]
| His new mandate was made clear. The
| previous majority leader was under charges
| for corruption. Those now in power wanted
| to achieve the following:
|
|     * Transparency: Create a more
|     transparent legislature
|     * Efficiency: Enable Members to serve
|     constituents in a more effective and
|     efficient manner, at a lower cost to
|     taxpayers
|     * Participation: Provide New Yorkers
|     with the means to take a more
|     participatory role in their state
|     government
|     * Model: To model "best technology
|     practices" for legislative bodies
|     throughout the US
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/diwd-new-york-state-senate-new-regime-new-web-mandate-006244.php

Recent:

Does Open Source Software Put Government Security at Risk?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story245876.html