[News] Mono Claims Refuted, Anti-Freedom Person in GNOME (Apple Fanboi) Attacks GNU

  • Subject: [News] Mono Claims Refuted, Anti-Freedom Person in GNOME (Apple Fanboi) Attacks GNU
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:50:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mono claims unequivically refuted

,----[ Quote ]
| GreyGeek on the Kubuntu Forums has written
| up an excellent point by point rebuttal to
| a lot of common Mono claims. There is a
| growing discussion about this hot topic on
| the forums as well (linked below). Are
| Microsoft Astroturfers everywhere? Or is
| this love for Microsoft blind?
`----

http://www.pwnage.ca/?p=460

GNOME and the GNU Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you remember the last controversy
| around Richard Stallman and Mono? Well,
| surprise surprise: the players are same!
| Imagine that! Quite the coincidence.
|
| It just so happens that the person calling
| for the vote is the same person that
| created the whole âI am not afraid of
| people writing codeâ slur-meme.
|
| It just so happens that the person
| seconding the call for the vote is the
| same person that crafted âopen lettersâ,
| published private correspondance and
| called for Stallman to be banned from
| speaking at future conferences.
|
| (The irony of calling for someone to be
| banned from speaking while later
| pretending outrage at that same person for
| calling into question how appropriate some
| topics are is quite delicious.)
|
| Again, read the posts to the mailing list
| and on the blogs. Stallman is calm and
| composed while being called a âfascistic
| extremistâ, and subjected to push polling.
| His critics as usual are condescending,
| twist his words, and resort to childish
| rhetoric at every opportunity.
|
| The beauty of the mailing list is that it
| is all laid out there for anyone to see.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2009/12/gnome-and-the-gnu-project/

GNOME was infiltrated by a poisonous person who sells vibrators.
Dave has already calmed things down and the whole controversy is over.

Recent:

GNOME @ foss.in

,----[ Quote ]
`----