[News] Nokia's Linux Tablet Gets Reviews, Comes to UK

  • Subject: [News] Nokia's Linux Tablet Gets Reviews, Comes to UK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:11:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia N900 Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, the N900 runs on Nokiaâs Linux-based
| Maemo platform - their replacement for
| Symbian on their high-end devices. Maemo
| offers great customization options and
| multitasking abilities. But its far from
| perfect. There are issues on its user
| interface, and its app store that still
| hasnât gone online wonât attract anyone
| right away.
`----

http://www.mobilewire.co.uk/15-12-2009-nokia-n900-internet-tablet.html

Nokia N900 First Impressions Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Immediately, I can feel and see that the
| Nokia N900 is a descendant of the N800 and
| N810, and at the same time it shares so
| much with the N97 that you can really tell
| that this new model represent a passing of
| the torch for Nokia. It will be interesting
| to see how Maemo 5 evolves from here -- but
| so far, I like what I see, generally
| speaking.
|
| At this point, all things being equal with
| carrier support and productivity needs, it
| would be very hard not to choose the N900
| over the N97. It's a good device, and
| definitely one for those who like to be on
| the bleeding edge of mobile technology.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=15994&review=Nokia+N900+Maemo

N900 Video Feast: Multi-tasking, Gaming, Battery, and Communication

http://noknok.tv/2009/12/14/n900-video-feast-multitasking-gaming-battery-and-communication/

Official: Vodafone first to stock Nokia N900

,----[ Quote ]
| For those who have been under an iPhone-
| shaped rock for the past few months, the
| Nokia N900 is an uber-powerful handset
| which uses the Maemo 5 operating system,
| based on Linux. This means it won't melt
| when you want to do multi-tasking.
|
| Also on board is a high-res screen, 3.5-
| inch screen and although it's resistive we
| have tried it and it works like a dream.
|
| Couple this with the fact that it will be
| among the first devices to have Firefox
| mobile and what you have is a device that
| looks ready to take on the Google and
| Apple's of this world.
|
| The Nokia N900 is officially coming soon on
| the Vodafone website, with a release date
| of January.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/official-vodafone-first-to-stock-nokia-n900-658111

Nokia N900 coming to Vodafone in January

http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2009/12/nokia-n900-coming-to-vodafone-in-january/

Recent:

Nokia N900 lands on Top 10 Mobile Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N900 smartphone has finally landed on
| pre-order on Top 10 Mobile Phones.
`----

http://www.top10.co.uk/mobilephones/news/2009/12/nokia_n900_lands_on_top_10/

Firefox for mobile to launch this month

,----[ Quote ]
| The software will initially be available only
| on Nokia's N900 handset, which uses the Linux-
| based Maemo operating system, and will be able
| to run 30 or so Firefox extensions.
`----

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2254860/mobile-firefox-launch-before

Nokiaâs shopping list for 2010

http://noknok.tv/2009/12/11/nokia%E2%80%99s-shopping-list-for-2010/

Nokia N900 Linux smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Some may find the size a concern, but it's
| mainly a consequence of accommodating
| slide-out keyboard. In use, the keyboard,
| despite its compact layout, works very well
| and the camera is head and shoulders above
| what you'll find on the iPhone. Overall,
| the Nokia N900 is a joy to use and full of
| good things that we liked very much, though
| it still feels like something of a work in
| progress. The Maemo 5 OS is very promising
| on this evidence â fast and useable, once
| we'd got our heads around the basic set-up,
| and bound to be much more versatile in a
| few months' time as more apps and features
| are added.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/12/07/review_phone_nokia_n900_smartphone/

Nokia N900 to be released in SA

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia South Africa has announced today that
| the company has opted to release the N900
| device locally, adding that it will be
| available in the second quarter of 2010.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Cellular/10743.html

Video Review: Nokia N900

,----[ Quote ]