[News] Next KDE Release Receives Great Early Reviews

  • Subject: [News] Next KDE Release Receives Great Early Reviews
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:35:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Upcoming KDE SC 4.4 Gains Positive Reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past week many reviews of the first
| beta of version 4.4 of our Software
| Compilation have surfaced. Here are a few of
| them that we unearthed during some diggin'
| on the web.
|
| This PolishLinux blog entry includes screen
| shots of the window tab-grouping feature and
| various other improvements thus giving a
| first insight into the upcoming KDE
| software.
|
| Harsh J has an 'early preview' of the KDE
| 4.4 Software Compilation. Our rebranding
| message hasn't gotten entirely through yet
| but it is an extensive review of the Plasma
| Desktop workspace.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/12/14/upcoming-kde-sc-44-gains-positive-reviews

Gwenview the best image viewer !

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 users know Gwenview the default image
| viewer for KDE, but may not know that
| Gwenview is one of the best image viewers
| ever existed. It is fast, quick, modern,
| shiny, particularly in full-screen mode, and
| has basic photo editing functions.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/gwenview-best-image-viewer

Plasma and KWin

,----[ Quote ]
| Those are not radically new features, but
| rather a refinement of what it was available
| in KDE Plasma Desktop 4.3
|
| When the mouse cursor is over a task, the
| corresponding window gets highlighted
| (dimming all the others), this works for
| groups too, highlighting the goup's windows.
| This was already available in 4.3, but it's
| works in a way more reliable way now.
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Plasma_and_KWin

Recent:

GwenView ReView - The Linux killer application?

,----[ Quote ]
| GwenView is a great application. It's light,
| fast, rich in features, and very beautiful.
| It's a Swiss-army-style image viewer, with a
| bit of everything you need. You'll find the
| most important functions at the tip of your
| finger. What more, you can install a ton of
| plugins and make it even more powerful than
| it is. And with a good use of shortcuts,
| you'll make it even more productive than it
| already is. Even so, the basic layout is
| intuitive and easy to use. You will get to
| feel at home with GwenView in a matter of
| seconds.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gwenview.html

Review: Gwenview 2.3 - The Powerful KDE4 Image Viewer

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm sure most of (if not all) KDE users are familiar with Gwenview,
| especially since it became the default image viewer in KDE4. Gwenview is not
| only a powerful viewer for images, but also a basic image manipulation
| application, and with version 2.3 it allows even video previews. Although
| video support was available in 1.4 (which was for KDE3), it was missing in
| the KDE4 port of Gwenview, but with this new release shipping with the
| upcoming KDE 4.3, this feature is back.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-gwenview-23-powerful-kde4-image.html

Gwenview, Nepomuk and rating

,----[ Quote ]
| Gwenview has always been file-system oriented, but with the advance of
| Nepomuk associating semantic information to your files is becoming more
| ubiquitous.
|
| I started adding support for Nepomuk in Gwenview since KDE 4.1. It still
| needs a lot of work, but it is becoming quite usable now. In this article I
| am going to present how you can easily rate your images in Gwenview.
`----

http://agateau.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/91/

Related:

KDE 4: Gwenview

,----[ Quote ]
| The default KDE image viewer has received quite some love from developers.
| The interface has change a lot, making it less cluttered, and there have been
| add some new little features.
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2007/12/gwenview.html

Gwenview II, the return