[News] "Ubuntu 9.10 is Great"

Ubuntu 9.10 is great

,----[ Quote ]
| In all I find ubuntu 9.10 to be pleasant and
| in particular I am very happy with 3 things:
| # pulseaudio is much better integrated with
| the sound controls.
| # mythtv 0.22 rocks. The clutter interface
| is much better.
| # flash works much better using a lot less
| resources. Now I can actually watch ABC ivew
| on my netbook.
`----

http://www.azein.com/blog/2009/12/17/ubuntu-9-10-is-great/

Setting up Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I finally installed Ubuntu 9.10. Iâve
| only been on the upgraded system for a few
| hours, but everything seems to be working
| smoothly.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2009/12/16/setting-up-ubuntu-9-10/

WillWillIbex â One of The Best Forgotten Themes For Ubuntu?

,----[ Quote ]
| WillWillIbex was a proposed âdesignâ for
| Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex made by a one Will
| Williams back in 2008.
|
| At the time it was nothing more than a mock-
| up made in Photoshop but the design so
| resonated with people that it was soon
| etched into the wiles of reality and made
| available to download.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/12/willwillibex-one-of-best-forgotten.html

Improvements Coming To The Desktop Notification Area

,----[ Quote ]
| The DesktopExperienceTeam propose to migrate
| the different applets to using simple menus.
| This change should provide a more consistent
| interface and be an important step to
| improve the user experience with the right
| hand side of the panel.
`----

http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/12/improvements-coming-to-desktop.html

Recent:

Installing Ubuntu 9.10 Walk Through â VirtualBox

,----[ Quote ]
| I went ahead and just did a quick screenshot
| walk through of installing Ubuntu 9.10, and
| some possible points of interest for anyone
| that may need help understanding the steps.
`----

http://www.benkevan.com/blog/installing-ubuntu-9-10-walk-through-%E2%80%93-virtualbox/

Windows 7 vs Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Windows 7 but I canât give up by favorite
| Linux OS either. So, I finally decided to do a
| Performance Benchmark Showdown to decide who
| gets to rule on my PC. Probably, everyone knows
| whatâs new in both of them.
|
| [...]
|
| All said and done, if you need performance,
| Ubuntu is for you. If you are looking onGaming,
| you have no other choice than Windows. If you
| are looking at Features again Windows 7 is the
| one for you.
`----

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/windows-7-vs-ubuntu

Recent:  Windows 7 meets Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| In Ubuntu's case one of its assets is the
| work done to support netbook PCs. Ubuntu's
| Netbook Remix interface is a very slick
| alternative for the smaller screen space
| common on netbooks.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/9972.html

Windows 7 An Improvement, But Is Mac OS X Still Better?

,----[ Quote ]
| I feel that Mac OS X or Ubuntu are both
| better systems.
`----

http://www.nillabyte.com/blog.php?b=271

Feature-By-Feature: Ubuntu 9.10 Vs. Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop
| Karmic Koala's desktop should be familiar
| to Windows users. Right-click menu
| shortcuts and  personalizing the desktop
| features are similar to Windows 7. The
| desktop still isn't as "glitzy" as Windows
| 7, but users can get the eye candy of
| Windows 7 with a fast graphics card and can
| choose the "Extra" settings in Ubuntu
| 9.10's "Appearance Preferences."
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/220600383;jsessionid=DGQV5GNOJLAARQE1GHOSKH4ATMY32JVN

Ubuntu Karmic Koala- A perfect alternative to Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Before you decide to pay for a Windows 7 license, I
| would humbly urge you to first download a copy of
| Karmic Koala, give it a try for a week or two and
| then make an unbiased assessment of it yourself.
| You will see that you would not have to spend money
| whatsoever on a pile of software that crumbles at
| the least attack made on it. Do you intend using
| Windows 7? Please tell us why or why you would not
| use Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/10/ubuntu-karmic-koala-perfect-alternative.html

Windows 7 vs Ubuntu 9.10