[News] 3 More (New) Transformations to Free Software

  • Subject: [News] 3 More (New) Transformations to Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:49:34 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PCI Geomatics to Release Open Source PCIDSK Library

,----[ Quote ]
| The library will offer full support for
| raster data within the PCIDSK file, including
| the reading, writing and creation of raster
| image data, in all storage types (BIP, BIL,
| BSQ and tiled images) as well as overviews,
| metadata and projections. The library also
| includes access to vector data within the
| PCIDSK file and is available for both Windows
| and LINUX operating systems.
`----

http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/dailynews/2009/dec/16/news2.html

Terminology Tools Open Sourced

,----[ Quote ]
| The source code for the IHTSDO Workbench now
| is available for free under an Apache 2.0
| open source license from the Apache Software
| Foundation, Forest Hill, Md. Apache 2.0 is a
| backbone and licensing vehicle to distribute
| the source code. The foundation provides
| support to open source software projects.
| IHTSDO also will make a number of seats on a
| collaborative, Web-based environment used to
| host the Workbench available free of charge
| to open source developers.
`----

http://www.healthdatamanagement.com/news/SNOMED_terminology_open_source-39537-1.html

EtherPad goes open source

,----[ Quote ]
| As promised earlier this month, the EtherPad
| developers have released all of the source
| code to their web-based realtime
| collaborative word processor service.
| According to a post on the EtherPad Blog, the
| "goal with this release is to let the world
| run their own EtherPad servers so that the
| functionality can live on even after we shut
| down etherpad.com". The EtherPad site will
| eventually shut down, following Google's
| acquisition of AppJet, because the developers
| are moving to the Google Wave development
| team.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/EtherPad-goes-open-source-889487.html

Recent: