[News] Linux Gets More Features, Some Graphics Related

  • Subject: [News] Linux Gets More Features, Some Graphics Related
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:06:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Oh time suspend your flying

http://www.linux-wizard.net/blog-oh_time_suspend_your_flying-300.html

A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result of the MPX support in the mainline
| X.Org Server, the Interactive Computing Lab has
| produced a new video to show off this support
| as they had informed us this morning. In the
| video (below) they are using Fedora 12 with its
| X Server 1.7 and Linux 2.6.31 kernel.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgyNg

R600 Open-Source Driver WIth GLSL, OpenGL 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD's Richard Li recently introduced a commit
| that enables GL2 and there has been other
| AMD/ATI 3D work going on too. The Radeon
| Feature Matrix has also been updated to reflect
| the GLSL support now being mostly done for the
| ATI Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 series and its
| OpenGL 2.0 compatibility.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzgyNQ

Recent:

So the merge window is closed, and -rc1 is out there now.

,----[ Quote ]
| Talking about the merge window: there were a
| _lot_ of trees that left their pull requests
| pretty dang late. Not everything I merged
| yesterday and today were late pull requests,
| but a lot of it was. I'm used to have a
| fairly busy last day of the merge window, but
| it was a busy last two days  this time -
| definitely worse than usual.
`----

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/929499

Kernel Log: New stable kernels, 2.6.33 with DRBD and RT2800PCI

,----[ Quote ]
| Kernel versions 2.6.27.40, 2.6.27.41 and
| 2.6.31.7 offer minor improvements and correct
| several bugs â including one security hole.
| Torvalds has already incorporated more than
| 5,000 changes for Linux 2.6.33. Its merge
| window will probably be open for just over
| another week. Various developers are working
| on significant improvements to the open source
| Radeon graphics drivers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-New-stable-kernels-2-6-33-with-DRBD-and-RT2800PCI-883212.html

A Great Present In The Linux 2.6.33 Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzc4OQ