[News] Fujifilm Chooses Free/Libre CMS Software

  • Subject: [News] Fujifilm Chooses Free/Libre CMS Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 02:51:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fujifilm using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| The Japanese Fujifilm, with more than 75,000
| employees the world's largest photographic and
| imaging company, is using Drupal for a
| community site at http://www.myfinepix.com. It
| is a website where FinePix camera owners come
| together to share images, knowledge and
| inspiration.
`----

http://buytaert.net/fujifilm-using-drupal

Recent:

Monty Python using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| Time to bring up your favorite Monty Python
| quotes, because Monty Python is using
| Drupal! Check it out at
| http://pythonline.com. Good example of a
| community website built with Drupal.
`----

http://buytaert.net/monty-python-using-drupal

Forbes Russia using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| The website of the Russian Forbes magazine was
| recently redesigned using Drupal.
`----

http://buytaert.net/forbes-russia-using-drupal

Obama Team Challenges Web Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Having rebuilt Whitehouse.gov on the open
| source Drupal platform, President Obama's
| new media team is calling on the open
| source community for new ideas and
| technology.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/info-management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=221900361

Should the White House Contribute to the Open Source Community?

,----[ Quote ]
| While this measure may not be an immediate
| cost-saver (5 different companies are
| involved in re-building and maintaining the
| White House web site), long-term costs
| should fall as government agencies are able
| to borrow from the greater Drupal community
| while incrementally improving on the
| websites code. But the question remains,
| will the Obama White House share some of the
| contributions itâs making to open source?
`----

http://appfrica.net/blog/2009/10/28/should-the-white-house-contribute-to-the-open-source-community/

Whitehouse.gov could be a springboard for Open Source for America

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many of you, I awoke Monday to read
| that whitehouse.gov was now running on open
| source products, including Drupal, Red Hat
| Linux, Apache web server, MySQL, and Apache
| Solr.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/whitehousegov-could-be-springboard-open-source-america-726

White House web site goes open source