[News] GNU/Linux on the Desktop "So Good itâs Boring"

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux on the Desktop "So Good itâs Boring"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:45:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux on the desktop: itâs so good itâs boring

,----[ Quote ]
| I believe that at this point there no use
| anymore in asking the question âIs Linux ready
| for the desktop?â. It is, and it works so well
| itâs boring.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/linux-on-the-desktop-its-so-good-its-boring/

Of Thunderbolts and Revelations

,----[ Quote ]
| At any rate, Daniel was a guest in the home of
| Mark Van Kingsley.  Mark is a long-time Linux
| Advocate and has his own Linux-based business
| in New York.  He is also a good and treasured
| friend of The HeliOS Project.  He's one of
| many who have put their sweat equity and money
| into doing what we do.
|
| [...]
|
| Oh, did I mention that Daniel had figured out
| how to dual boot his Windows partition with
| his new Linux one?
|
| He called Mark the next day too.  Not to ask
| questions but to let him know that he had
| installed and configured Skype and was talking
| to his friends in Italy about his new
| operating system and all the things it could
| do.
|
| They did not believe him.
|
| Not one of them had heard of Linux.
|
| They have now, I have been so assured.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/12/of-thunderbolts-and-revelations.html

Related:

Dump Linux now!

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't get me wrong: I still love GNU/Linux. It's just gotten. . .
| boring. It's no longer the undiscovered country, the wild west, the
| final frontier. Forgive my metaphor mix-o-rama. I just want to say,
| Linux is so ready for the desktop, it's boring.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/dump_linux_now

IP attorney: Bankrupt or not, SCO case is 'boring'

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1239325,00.html