[News] The Microsoft and Apple "Cults" Face New Barriers

  • Subject: [News] The Microsoft and Apple "Cults" Face New Barriers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:24:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Give me that Microsoft Religion - NOT!

,----[ Quote ]
| Because the Microsoft religion, or cult if
| you will, isn't rational. It can't be
| rational. When you worship something, it
| has to have a value to you. Microsoft has
| no value to the end user, in part because
| the company has no ethics.
|
| I feel sorry for the Microsoft worshipers,
| worshiping at the feet of a false idol,
| worshipers of a false religion.
`----

http://crankyoldnutcase.blogspot.com/2009/12/give-me-that-microsoft-religion.html

Apple tries to fix broken Imacs

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple delayed shipping the 27-inch Imacs
| earlier this month, claiming that it was
| having supply problems. However, some
| people suspected that delay was really
| announced because it did not want more bad
| press.
|
| It still won't say that the 638K update
| will solve everyone's Imac display
| problems. Its notice says, "If your screen
| remains black after applying the updater or
| if you continue to experience image
| corruption or display flickering after
| successfully completing this update,
| contact AppleCare or an Apple Authorized
| Service Provider."
|
| So far some users have said that the
| firmware update still has not resolved
| their problems. Some of them have seen
| screen flickers again within a few minutes
| of restarting after the update. Others
| claim that their problems have been fixed.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1566953/apple-tries-fix-broken-imacs

Recent:

Apple hires a Secret Police

,----[ Quote ]
| PURVEYOR OF RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE GADGETS,
| Apple has hired a secret police force to keep
| its black shirted employees in line.
|
| Gizmodo has confirmed the existence of a
| division that reports directly to Jobs and
| Oppenheimer.
|
| Dubbed the "Worldwide Loyalty Team", its sole
| function is to purge Apple stores of people who
| are not rabid fanboys or toeing the company
| line on everything.
|
| Apparently the division has moles who are
| ordered to report deviant activity amongst the
| staff and management of the stores. High on the
| list are people who might be talking to the
| media.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1566303/apple-hires-secret-police

Apple & Audiobook Firms Insist On DRM