[News] Heaps of GNU/Linux Games Suggestions Published

  • Subject: [News] Heaps of GNU/Linux Games Suggestions Published
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:09:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Syntensity

,----[ Quote ]
| When first looking at Syntensity, one might
| infer that it is an FPS game. Nothing could
| be further than the truth. Syntensity's
| main achievement is the Intensity Engine,
| which is a significantly modified version
| of the Sauerbraten/Cube2 Engine with a
| focus on online content. One could even
| draw parallels to proprietary gaming and
| say that this might be a FOSS answer to
| Valve's Steam service and their Source
| engine.
`----

http://www.fosgames.com/node/18

AssaultCube - An awesome FPS game for Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
| AssaultCube retains a movement bug from the
| original Cube engine that allows players to
| utilize straferunning to move at a faster
| speed. This was left intentionally unfixed
| by the developers because it was considered
| an enjoyable feature of Cube, similar to
| bunny hopping in Quake.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/12/assautcube-awesome-fps-game-for-linux.html

3 Wonderful Open-Source Games to Install After Installing Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux shooter games, there
| isn't only one choice. Games like Nexuiz,
| OpenArena or Sauerbraten were a good fit
| here too, but I decided upon World of
| Padman.
|
| Based on the Quake 3 engine, World of
| Padman is a fun, cartoon-style first-person
| shooter with maps, weapons and characters
| inspired from the Padman series. It
| features nice, colourful graphics, popular
| modes like FFA, TDM or CTF, and weapons
| which will definitely make you laugh the
| first time you'll see them.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/12/3-wonderful-open-source-games-to.html

Running World of Warcraft in Ubuntu Linux

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10418439-1.html

Gifts for Gamers: Some End-of-Year Recommendations, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Christmas is a time for rest and
| contemplation. To intersperse the period
| with some distraction on long winter
| evenings, a number of Linux games can prove
| some diversion, as this article will show.
|
| The sports event of the weekend will be
| going into winter break, and to while away
| the time, we assembled a short list of
| interesting but little known games that
| have been brought to our attention over the
| last few months. The recommendations cover
| lots of different game genres, so there
| should be something for everyone.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Gifts-for-Gamers-Some-End-of-Year-Recommendations-Part-1

Recent:

Linux: Install a million games in one click!

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-million-games.html