[News] ATI Closes Another Linux Year, Linus Turns 40

  • Subject: [News] ATI Closes Another Linux Year, Linus Turns 40
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:11:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ATI Linux 2009 Year In Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Compared to past years when recapping the
| AMD/ATI Linux advancements over the past
| calendar year, 2009 was not quite as exciting,
| which can be viewed as both good and bad for
| their Catalyst Linux driver. There were many
| advancements this year on AMD's open-source
| side, but in 2009 there wasn't as many
| milestones for their Catalyst driver like in
| the past with the introduction of CrossFire,
| OverDrive, same-day Linux support, the AMD
| Catalyst Control Center, and other new
| features. Here is our 2009 year in review look
| at AMD's advancements to their proprietary
| Catalyst Linux driver along with our annual
| benchmarks.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_2009_year&num=1

Happy Birthday, Linus

,----[ Quote ]
| Today is the birthday of Linus. Although
| that's essentially a private event for him,
| there's an interesting historical link to the
| creation of the Linux kernel, too.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/happy-birthday-linus

Recent:

AMD Releases OpenCL ATI GPU Support For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzYwOA