[News] Ubuntu Has Games, Internet Prowess, Mozilla Partnership Would Make Sense

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Has Games, Internet Prowess, Mozilla Partnership Would Make Sense
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:07:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Where The Heck are all the Ubuntu Games?

,----[ Quote ]
| There you have it, you now know the secret
| of where all the Ubuntu games are. Itâs just
| a matter of searching before you find a game
| you want.
`----

http://duncsweb.com/2009/12/28/where-the-heck-are-all-the-ubuntu-games/

Ubuntu as an Internet Client

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu actually does all right by these
| criteria, so perhaps to some degree the
| conflation of "Internet" and "Web" is driven
| by the complexities of installing third
| party apps on Windows, and all of the
| problems this can cause one's computer as
| different versions of shared libraries and
| such are copied in.
|
| [...]
|
| Ultimately, I suppose that I would love it
| if LifeArea had the Gwibber-like ability to
| post. There are still other posting tools to
| try in any case, so I may find one yet. I'm
| installing Drivel atm.
`----

http://theravingrick.blogspot.com/2009/12/ubuntu-as-internet-client.html

Ubuntu and Mozilla: The inevitable alliance.

,----[ Quote ]
| Speculation is a part of technical news as
| prophecy is to religion. Its only important,
| valid or genius if it turns out to be true.
| However, we dare not have technical news
| without any speculation at all since this
| will surely hinder the creativeness of
| individuals and corporations to explore
| avenues influenced by ideas expressed in
| speculation. If any of that made sense to
| you, good. Because this was the reasoning I
| used in order to explore and develop the
| idea to create this article. In other words
| I have no factual evidence that anything of
| the sort would occur.
|
| [...]
|
| If Mozilla and Ubuntu/Canonical pulled
| together they should have enough combined
| resources to really compete in the market
| place with Google or anyone else. However
| they can not sit still and do nothing
| because other larger companies will push
| them out of the market they helped create.
| Now is not the time to âSee what happensâ.
| Its time to prepare for the future and make
| essential friends.
`----

http://www.buntfu.com/news,page,78,topic_id,content_pages

Recent: