[News] Google's GNU/Linux-based Machine Impresses with Leaked Specifications

  • Subject: [News] Google's GNU/Linux-based Machine Impresses with Leaked Specifications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:11:15 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Speculative Googlenetbook specs surface

,----[ Quote ]
| Rumors of a Googlebook mirror the
| speculation that preceded the emergence
| earlier this month of Mountain View's HTC-
| manufactured, Android-powered Nexus One
| smartphone.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/28/googlebook_rumor/

Google Chrome Netbook Specifications?

,----[ Quote ]
| An Nvidia Tegra chipset (given the late 2010
| rumoured release one guesses Tegra 2.0)
| powered by an ARM CPU and replete with 64GB
| SSD and 2GB RAM will drive a 10.1 inch HD-
| ready, 1,280 x 720 resolution touchscreen
| screened device. The usual array of extras
| such as WiFi and 3G, Bluetooth and Ethernet
| are also on the reported tech spec list.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story249422.html

Google Chrome OS-based netbook tech specs are out

,----[ Quote ]
| Believe it or not - the tech specs of the
| rumoured Google Chrome OS-based netbook are
| already out and by the sound of it, the
| netbook looks to me like a high performance
| machine.
`----

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20091227/google-chrome-based-netbook-tech-specs-are-out.htm

Google's Chrome-based Netbook Will Be Loaded with Features

,----[ Quote ]
| This netbook will reportedly have a 64 GB
| solid-state hard drive and 2 GB of RAM.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16038&news=Google+Chrome+OS+Netbook

Rumors about the âleakedâ specs of Google Chrome OS netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Furthermore, the netbook will also probably
| be powered by an ARM CPU, and will feature
| Nvidia's Tegra system-on-a-chip for notably
| enhancing the audio and video capabilities
| of the device. However, it is not certain
| whether all the upcoming Chrome OS-based
| netbooks will strictly adhere to the rumored
| specs.
`----

http://topnews.us/content/29354-rumors-about-leaked-specs-google-chrome-os-netbook

Recent:

Apple and Microsoft to Join Forces Against Google?

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2009/12/23/apple-and-microsoft-to-join-forces-against-google/

Apple and Microsoft vs. Google for Smartphone Dominance?

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple and Google were once seen as best
| friends in their fight against mutual
| enemy Microsoft, but as Google has
| ventured into Appleâs turf with the Chrome
| OS and Android smartphone OS, their BFF
| status has been in jeopardy. Google CEO
| Eric Schmidt resigned from Appleâs board
| of directors, citing a conflict of
| interest, and Google Latitude and Google
| Maps Navigation have been released for
| Android but not iPhone. Meanwhile,
| Microsoftâs Bing search engine is now
| available for iPhone.
`----

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple_and_microsoft_vs._google_for_smartphone_dominance/

Will Apple and Microsoft Join Forces To Fight Google?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2009/12/will-apple-and-microsoft-join.php