Re: Apple completely out of touch with reality

____/ JEDIDIAH on Tuesday 29 Dec 2009 17:37 : \____

> On 2009-12-29, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> ____/ Megabyte on Tuesday 29 Dec 2009 15:57 : \____
>>
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> iPhone has 46% market share of the Smartphone market in Japan, just a niche
>>> I guess.
>>
>> Japan is a niche.
>
>      Perhaps. However, that doesn't alter the fact that "smartphone" in Japan
> doesn't cover enough of the market to make those numbers impressive. Although
> that's not restricted to Japan. Even in the US, the whole notion Apple
> "owning" the smartphone market is not as impressive as it sounds.
>
> [deletia]
>
>     Apple doesn't look good unless you cook the numbers enough and simply
> ignore what most of the market is actually doing.

Apple has also many fans that get across these illusions.

How about we talk about the market share of Linux in Brazil, one of the world's
biggest populations?

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get strongerâ.If youâre going to kill
someone, there isnât much reason to get all worked up about it and angry.
You just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time.
We need to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
		--Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President
roy      pts/0        :0               Wed Dec 23 09:01   still logged in