Re: [News] Intellectual Monopolists -- Murdoch Included -- Attack Reporting

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 01 Jan 2010 15:50 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 31 Dec 2009 21:28 : \____
>>

>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Murdoch has also been attacking the BBC in the same way recently,
>>> indicating that the licence-fee should be split across multiple
>>> broadcasters, and that the BBC's remit should be reduced, in order, of
>>> course, for Murdoch to make more money.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, the BBC
>>> stopping Mr Murdoch from lining his pockets with additional cash has
>>> been referred to as "communist".  Some clues, perhaps, as to the
>>> play-book in use.
>>
>> Yes, El Reg took the piss out of him on Wednesday:
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/30/quotes_of_the_year/
>>
>> âEverybody loves the BBC and it doesn't cost anything, Murdoch should learn a
>> thing or twoâ
>>
>> You've gotta see the photo.
>
> Excellent!
>
> I'm a little surprised that as we're approaching an election, saving the
> BBC from Murdoch hasn't been picked up by any of the major parties.  In
> fact, whilst they're at it, they could save the British Library and the
> National Archives from Microsoft, too.   Oh yeah, and cease the ID card
> idiocy and stop the Mckinnon case, and throw out that awful piece of
> legislation, which was rushed in and is, guess what, being abused by the
> US.
>
> I think it's time our extradition laws were changed so that we do not
> extradite anyone to any country which uses the death penalty.  It might
> force a little social change.

The ID cards made their dÃbut here. Almost nobody came, except a journalist.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  Nov 17 02:36