[News] Songbird Becomes Video Player Also, Other GNU/Linux Applications Have Announcements

  • Subject: [News] Songbird Becomes Video Player Also, Other GNU/Linux Applications Have Announcements
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 01:23:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Songbird 1.5 gets Video Playback Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbrid has gained video playback
| capabilities in the beta for forthcoming
| 1.5.0 release "Led Zepplin".
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/songbird-15-gets-video-playback-feature.html

Donât Worry, App Runner to the Rescue

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre so confused about running shell
| scripts, or worry too much about what
| command/s to use so that you could change
| the mode of a script to run, donât worry
| now. Thereâs this tool called âApp Runnerâ
| which helps us with running different
| scripts.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/dont-worry-app-runner-to-the-rescue/

Install essentials in Fedora using EasyLife

,----[ Quote ]
| Everytime one installs a new operating
| system there are some tasks needed to be
| performed before one can start using the
| system. There are many task which one
| should do after a fresh install like
| disabling unwanted services, customizing
| settings etc but here we would talk about
| the most important task â Installing
| essentials. Essentials are those software
| which are required to make a crude system
| usable. These includes flash player, add-
| on plugins, media players, codecs & small
| utility softwareâs.
`----

http://linux.gauravlive.com/software/install-essentials-in-fedora-using-easylife/

Make Your Own Sheet Music with LilyPond (Mac, PC, Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| Writing, or rewriting, your musical scores
| digitally can be a tedious business. It
| takes a lot longer than doodling with pen
| and paper, but is infinitely tidier and
| more accessible â in a way, youâre making
| it timeless. In this time and age, itâs
| simply not done to compose your scores on
| a napkin. Sure, it makes for great
| storytelling, but youâre up for a redo if
| you want any credibility.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-your-own-sheet-music-with-lilypond-mac-pc-linux/

Recent:

Open source media player Songbird 1.4.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird Logo Six months after the last stable
| release â version 1.2 (version 3 never got out
| of beta) the Songbird developers have announced
| the availability of version 1.4.2 of their
| popular open source media player. According to
| a post on the Songbird Blog, the 1.4.2 release,
| which appeared one day after Songbird 1.4.1,
| addresses a "UI glitch" bug in the release that
| "made mashTape and LyricMaster hard to use". In
| addition to several bug fixes, the latest
| stable release of the cross-patform player
| focuses on improving device and format/codec
| support.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Open-source-media-player-Songbird-1-4-2-released-891443.html

Songbird aims to be the Firefox of media players

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://digitalmusic.weblogsinc.com/2006/11/01/songbird-aims-to-be-the-firefox-of-media-players/