[News] More Web Browsers Support Ogg, Opera Makes it Official

  • Subject: [News] More Web Browsers Support Ogg, Opera Makes it Official
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 01:25:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Opera Adds Support for HTML5 Video Element: New 10.5 Pre-Alpha Build

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems that while we were busy celebrating,
| everyone at Opera Software were hard at work.
| Opera released a new Evenes (Opera 10.50)
| build earlier today. We featured the major
| changes in Opera 10.5 and benchmarked its
| JavaScript rendering speed, in earlier
| articles. Go through them if you want to
| catch up with whatâs new in Opera 10.5.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/opera/opera-html5-video-element-10-5-pre-alpha-linux.html

Opera 10.5 Released for Linux, Is Faster Than Chrome!

,----[ Quote ]
| First impressions are pretty good because boy
| does this browser have speed on its side
| thanks to the new Carakan JavaScript engine
| powering it.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/opera-105-released-for-linux.html

Happy New Year!

,----[ Quote ]
| When we released our pre-alpha version into
| the wild last week, we told you that a Unix
| release would follow later. Today, as a new
| year's present, we'd like to give you the
| chance to play with Opera 10.5 on Unix.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/happy-new-year

Recent:

Linux Outlaws 119 - OggCamp Live Show (Uncut)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/119