[News] Microsoft's Patent Violation Case Not Over Yet

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft's Patent Violation Case Not Over Yet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 01:54:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Updegrove: Microsoft, i4i Fight Not Quite Over

,----[ Quote ]
| If neither of these options for review prove
| successful, Updegrove suggests two ways this
| "fight" will come to an end: First, i4i may
| still be willing to settle "if the offer is
| high enough." Or, if the version of Microsoft
| Word sold on Jan. 11 does not meet i4i's
| expectations in terms of non-infringement,
| the case could be back in court.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/bentley/updegrove-microsoft-i4i-fight-not-quite-over/?cs=38371

Recent:

How to sue Microsoft - and win

,----[ Quote ]
| Prepare your case. When it comes to taking
| on a company the size and stature of
| Microsoft, don't expect legal eagles to
| bang down your door.
|
| Instead, Owen says, "we assembled the
| [patent infringement] claim, the
| background and the history in an
| extraordinarily detailed, analytical way.
| We prepared the case as best we could
| independently before meeting with leading
| counsel and luminaries in the industry."
|
| Don't lose track of your day job. A much-
| ballyhooed, two-year legal battle against
| Microsoft can significantly distract
| employees and completely consume a
| company's top brass.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/23/smallbusiness/i4i_microsoft_lawsuit/index.htm

i4i tells its side of the story: Microsoft ruined our business

Another Reason To Use ODF

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php?item.486.3