Re: [News] "GNU/Linux Migration in Munich is in Good Shape"

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 04 Jan 2010 12:13 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 03 Jan 2010 14:52 : \____
>>
>>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I think Munich will become the poster-child for the FOSS world.  I had
>>> thought that FOSS would take off first in relatively less developed
>>> economies, however, I'd not considered Microsoft's willingness to bribe
>>> their way back into such places - there have been several examples in
>>> Africa, afairc, either directly by Microsoft or by the "charitable"
>>> Gates Foundation, indirectly, but in each case, decisions to use FOSS
>>> have been reversed.
>>>
>>> Presumably, Munich isn't quite so tight for cash that it would find, or
>>> indeed, would have found, a quick "gift" appealing...
>>>
>>> No wonder Microsoft are advertising for "anti Linux" people.
>>
>> Gates is also trying to monopolise African agriculture, with Monsanto, which
>> he invests in. He pushes for this along with Rockefeller, under the banner
>> "Green Revolution" (euphemism for slavery).
>>

> Make sure you only eat organic food in the US - GM food is not labelled
> as such, so you could be consuming anything.  Further, the factorisation
> of meat production is such that one beefburger will contain parts of
> thousands of animals;  the potential for disease is staggering, and
> there have been several recalls of millions of "meat products" over the
> last few years, as well as some people (including young kids) getting
> exceptionally nasty forms of food poisoining, some of which kill in just
> a few days - there is no cure.
>
> Organic is safe, however.

The Royal Family apparently eats just organic.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

I hope that's not UI -- but the proper term is a "Jet database", accessed
through the "Jet engine". A fitting name, considering that it sucks and
blows. -- Felix about Exchange's mailbox format
 16:20:01 up 48 days, 13:43,  2 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.34, 0.82