Re: [News] "GNU/Linux Migration in Munich is in Good Shape"

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 04 Jan 2010 16:40 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 04 Jan 2010 12:13 : \____
>>

>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Make sure you only eat organic food in the US - GM food is not labelled
>>> as such, so you could be consuming anything.  Further, the factorisation
>>> of meat production is such that one beefburger will contain parts of
>>> thousands of animals;  the potential for disease is staggering, and
>>> there have been several recalls of millions of "meat products" over the
>>> last few years, as well as some people (including young kids) getting
>>> exceptionally nasty forms of food poisoining, some of which kill in just
>>> a few days - there is no cure.
>>>
>>> Organic is safe, however.
>>
>> The Royal Family apparently eats just organic.
>>

> Me too :-)  At least, whenever possible, anyway.  Food production in the
> UK has its problems, too, although we do not, as a matter of course,
> have unlabelled GM products, and I do not believe that we have anything
> like as few slaughterhouses as the US major producers use, even so,
> though, it pays to be careful with one's health.
>
> I get a meat & veg box from Riverford every week, and then top up other
> goods from Ocado.  Ocado's warehousing was featured on TV before xmas,
> as it's amazingly automated, thus exceedingly "green".  Tesco and
> Sainsbury both pick stock from the supermarket shelves, whereas Ocado
> (Waitrose) don't take it to the supermarket and then back out again.
> Much more sane, and mostly likely rather less damaged, too.
>
> Still, organic food costs more than chemically processed food, so it's
> possibly out of reach for many people, although growing it in your
> garden probably isn't.  One chap at work used to grow a lot of veg in
> his window boxes around his flat, amazingly.

For organic meat, the safe bet is fish. It might run out within less than 50 years,
according to recent research.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"I feel we are much too smug in dealing with Novell. Perhaps they didnât hurt us in DOS yet â but itâs not because of product or their trying. Itâs because we already had the OEMs wrapped up."
		--Jim Allchin, Microsoft
 23:05:01 up 48 days, 20:28,  2 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.31, 0.63