[News] Reviews of Existing and New GNU/Linux Applications

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of Existing and New GNU/Linux Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:00:13 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

8 of the Best Free Linux Business Intelligence Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Business intelligence tools are typically
| used to design and generate reports from a
| wide range of data sources. There are a
| number of different types of business
| intelligence software. These include
| reporting and querying software, digital
| dashboards, process and data mining,
| business performance management, and
| spreadsheets.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100101053947560/BusinessIntelligence.html

Enna Comes About As An Alternative To XBMC

,----[ Quote ]
| Benjamin Zores, the project leader for
| GeeXbox and a long-time MPlayer developer,
| has announced the first public (beta)
| release of Enna. Enna is a multi-media
| player that will be at the heart of the
| GeeXbox 2.0 distribution and is available
| as a separate program for those using
| other Linux distributions. Enna is built
| atop MPlayer's libplayer, the
| Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL),
| and libvalhalla.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg1NA

Filelight: Where my disk space has gone?

,----[ Quote ]
| Filelight creates an interactive map of concentric, segmented rings that
| help visualize disk usage on your computer. Like a pie-chart, but the
| segments nest, allowing you to easily see which files are taking
| up all your space.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/filelight-where-my-disk-space-has-gone

Docky Getting Liferea "Helper", Dropbox Docklet

,----[ Quote ]
| No, this isn't turning into OMG! Docky! but development
| is quite breathtakingly fast on it so there's always lots
| to tell you about...
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/docky-gets-liferea-helper-dropbox.html

Try Thunar - A Sleek Lightweight File Manager

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/10/try-thunar-sleek-lightweight-file.html