[News] Mozilla Makes Big Changes Ahead of Next Firefox

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Makes Big Changes Ahead of Next Firefox
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:07:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Firefox development dilemma: Tweak or overhaul?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is building a number of features into
| the upcoming Firefox 3.7 browser--but the
| organization now has begun stewing over
| whether to introduce some of them in a
| significant update, as planned, or to rewrite
| some sooner for a variation of the current
| browser.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10424471-264.html

One Add-on Lets Firefox Use Ubuntu Notification System

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox uses its own notification system for
| alerting users to various events. These can
| easily be missed on an Ubuntu system as users
| are used to seeing notifications appear in
| the top right-hand corner.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/one-add-on-lets-firefox-use-ubuntu.html

Recent:

Firefox 3.6 hits ice - won't show up till Spring

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has delayed the release of Firefox 3.6
| until the first quarter of 2010.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/29/firefox_3_6_delayed/

Firefox Roadmap: A Look at Versions 3.6 to 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/185562/Firefox_Roadmap_A_Look_at_Versions.html?tk=rss_news