[News] (Proprietary) Opera for GNU/Linux Gets Much Better, Flash Too

  • Subject: [News] (Proprietary) Opera for GNU/Linux Gets Much Better, Flash Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 01:06:13 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Download Opera 10.50 Pre-Alpha Build 3186

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the introduction of the Opera
| 10.50 Pre-Alpha Build for Linux users, the
| latest testing version also brings to the
| table a few enhancements designed to improve
| the browserâs stability. However, the biggest
| addition by far to the new testing build is
| support for the video element.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Download-Opera-10-50-Pre-Alpha-Build-3186-131069.shtml

Collaboration optimizes Flash Player for Freescale i.MX

,----[ Quote ]
| Collaboration between Adobe, Freescale, and
| Movial (Helsinki, Finland) is bringing Adobe
| Flash Player 10.1 to the i.MX platforms,
| enabling the creation of consumer products
| running either the Linux or Android operating
| systems and providing improved video and
| graphics capabilities.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222200264

Recent:

Opera 10.5 For Linux: What We Know

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, Opera 10.5 pre-alpha (codenamed
| Evenes) was released as a special gift to the
| small but dedicated fan base. It definitely had
| everyone talking.You can find our review of
| Opera 10.5 here. In short, Evenes is fast â
| really fast. It not only came close to Safari
| and Chromeâs JavaScript rendering speed but
| also defeated them in most of the benchmarks.
| Unfortunately the pre-alpha build was released
| only for Windows and Mac, leaving Linux users
| high and dry. But, this doesnât mean that Opera
| Software has forgotten about UNIX users.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/opera/opera-10-5-for-linux.html

Opera hopes to push fast engine envelope with 10.5 preview

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/23/opera_10_5_pre_alpha/

Opera 10.10 Smashes Download Records

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera Software announces that within one
| week of its release, more than 12 million
| people downloaded Opera 10.10 with Opera
| Unite.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/Opera-1010-Smashes-Download-Records-190334/

Opera web browser 'censors' Chinese content

,----[ Quote ]