Re: Android (Linux) Kicks iPhone (Apple) in the Guts

____/ Rex Ballard on Tuesday 05 Jan 2010 23:39 : \____

> On Jan 5, 6:26 pm, Sinister Midget III <a...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2010-01-05, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> > Demand for Android phones makes 'monstrous' 250% jump
>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>
>> I'm not planning on buying a new everything phone for the foreseeable
>> future. However, the iPhony put itself out of the running for any
>> consideration when I do get a round tuit by tying themselves to a
>> crummy AT&T service.
>
> You might want to look at a smartbook.
> It's like a netbook, but it uses an Acorn chip and ONLY runs Linux.
> It also has a "standby" feature similar to a cell phone so that you
> can use it like a cell phone.  I wonder if it has bluetooth?  If I can
> have a smartbook that can also be my phone, and don't even have to
> pull it out to answer it using my bluetooth headset, I'd be willing to
> give it a shot.
>
> I don't know if it will be Chrome or just some Linux variant.
>
> It's a pretty gutsy move for Lenovo, but it could pay of some huge
> dividends.
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygtylnv
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9143080/Lenovo_pushes_new_smartbook_as_netbook_alternative
>
>> Black clothes: Ideal tool for removing cat hair from furniture.
>> Eee PC900 16G SSD 2G RAM Debian testing
>> Friends don't let friends use Windows

Google is said to be preparing a Chrome OS tablet.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. Iâm going to fucking bury
that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. Iâm going to
fucking kill Google."
		--Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO
 01:05:02 up 49 days, 22:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.21, 0.25