[News] New Ubuntu Videocasts and Advocacy

Community And Ubuntu Live Videocast

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a quick note that tomorrow (Wed 6th Jan
| 2010) at 7pm UTC/ 11am Pacific / 1pm
| Eastern, I will be starting back up with At
| Home With Jono Bacon: my series of
| videocasts about community growth and
| building, and sharing work and approaches
| with the communities that I am involved in,
| namely Ubuntu, Shot Of Jaq, and the
| Community Leadership Summit.
`----

http://www.linux.com/distrocentral/distroblogs/271334:community-and-ubuntu-live-videocast

Do more with your Ubuntu PC

,----[ Quote ]
| FOR more than three years, Iâve been using
| Ubuntu, a popular distribution of Linux, on
| my home PC for work and play. As a long-time
| Windows user, I appreciated the freedom from
| crashes and system slowdowns that plagued my
| computing life before I made the switch. The
| notion that I would have to reinstall my
| operating system, so common in Windows when
| something went terribly awry, now seems so
| foreign to me as a Linux user.
|
| I also enjoyed not having to put up with
| Microsoftâs intrusive and heavy-handed
| licensing practices, and not worrying that
| some malicious piece of code would get past
| my anti-virus software and wreak havoc on my
| files.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideBusop.htm?f=2010/january/5/chinwong.isx&d=/2010/january/5

Ubuntu 9.10 brings polish but may demand tinkering

,----[ Quote ]
| And that's an important thing to remember
| when talking about glitches in Linux: Yes,
| they exist, but they can crop up in Windows,
| too. In Linux, they don't cost you anything
| -- at least in terms of money. Time is
| another thing ... especially if you're not
| accustomed to the vocabulary and grammar of
| Linux.
`----

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/01/ubuntu_910_review.html

Recent:

Video Podcasting From Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| How do I edit? Found some interesting programs Kino is my favorite so far but
| it doesn't seem to work well with a file that's already in avi format, such
| as from the Flip. Sounds like it would work great with a raw dv format video
| though. In researching this article I found Pitivi which seemed simple enough
| to import avi files but perhaps something was wrong with my Pulse Audio
| because I couldn't seem to get sound at all.
`----

http://www.computersight.com/Operating-Systems/Linux/Video-Podcasting-From-Linux.567851

Related:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft