[News] KDM and Plasma Collaborate More Closely, Other KDE News

  • Subject: [News] KDM and Plasma Collaborate More Closely, Other KDE News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:38:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDM and Plasma: A future.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd like to talk about KDM and Plasma
| combining forces. Well, since I always need
| to be coding something, regardless of
| whether or not I have any free-time, I have
| (begun to plan out and create(began today),
| a Plasma frontend for our login manager,
| kdm. Before anyone begins shaking their
| fists in the air and such, I must stress
| this...The Plasma frontend will be
| *optional*. So if you dislike Plasma *that*
| much for some reason or are close-minded
| (perhaps mutually inclusive?): the regular,
| currently used frontend can be used.
`----

http://sreich.blogspot.com/2010/01/kdm-and-plasma-future.html

Linux on Netbooks at the Netbook World Summit in Paris

,----[ Quote ]
| Industry Linux overview by Linux experts
| Aaron J. Seigo, Community leader at the KDE
| Foundation and Arnaud LaprÃvote, CTO Chief
| Technology Officer at Mandriva Linux. They
| analyse the influence of Linux on the
| Laptop industry with the advent of the
| Netbooks.
`----

http://samawa-online.com/linux/linux-on-netbooks-at-the-netbook-world-summit-in-paris

Embed the Konsole (Terminal) to the Desktop in KDE 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| - Alt+F3 will bring up the menu for right
| clicking on the title bar of the Konsoleâs
| window.
|
| - Right clicking on the Desktop area where
| the Konsole lies will not present the
| Desktop menu but the menu for right
| clicking in the terminal.
|
| - An option to hide the Konsole Window when
| hitting Alt+Tab doesnât seem to exist. If
| you have a workaround on this do tell.
`----

http://www.mygnulinux.com/?p=512

Mix it up

,----[ Quote ]
| Hot on the heels of my Phonon PulseAudio
| integration, here is another set of patches
| for kdemultimedia that adds PulseAudio
| support to KMix \o/
`----

http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/01/mix-it-up/

Qt Graphics and Performance - OpenGL

,----[ Quote ]
| Hereâs the next instalment of the graphics
| performance blog series. Weâll begin by
| looking at some background about how OpenGL
| and QPainter work. Weâll then dive into how
| the two are married together in OpenGL 2
| Paint Engine and finish off with some
| advice about how to get the best out of the
| engine. Enjoy!
`----

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010/01/06/qt-graphics-and-performance-opengl/

Recent: