[News] A Look at Open Source Lab at Oregon State University

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Open Source Lab at Oregon State University
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:05:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Systems administration inexperience a reality at Open Source Lab

,----[ Quote ]
| The Oregon State University Open Source Lab's
| data center hosts some of the Linux
| community's heaviest hitting projects
| including the Linux Master Kernel and the
| Linux Foundation. It is also the primary
| location for the Apache Software Foundation
| and Drupal, open source content management
| software. The lab, aka OSUOSL, also hosted the
| core infrastructure for Mozilla's Firefox
| project, and currently host's six of Google's
| servers.
`----

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid80_gci1378294,00.html

Recent:

OSUOSL: Looking back on 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| 2009 has been an exciting and eventful year at
| the Oregon State University Open Source Lab
| (OSUOSL). This year marks our sixth
| anniversary of providing open source projects
| with world-class hosting and development
| services. I'd like to take this chance to look
| back on what we've done at the OSUOSL this
| year, and what we expect from next year.
`----

http://sheltren.com/osl2009

Oregon: You Have To Pay Us To Explain The Laws To You

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090918/0957096240.shtml